Celsius Talk: Financing – success stories, challenges and solutions
You are kindly invited to the upcoming Celsius Talk on financial investments in Heating and Cooling on Thursday May 28th at 11.00 CET.
Having a successful demonstrator and the ambition take it to operations is often not enough to get the financial support needed. In May’s Celsius Talk we will dig deeper into this issue, addressing identified challenges and how are they can be overcome. We will talk to the Head of Treasury of Gothenburg City as well as innovative heating project managers from London whom have a history of successful innovations made possible with external investments. We will also get a sneak peek on the highlights of the upcoming position paper on financing for district energy written for the EU’s Urban Agenda Energy Transition Partnership (UAETP).
Register here to listen, exchange and connect with:
- Simon Wyke, principal policy and programme officer at the Greater London Authority, present success stories with financial instruments for sustainable city transition within heating and cooling.
- Fredrik Block, portfolio manager at the City of Gothenburg, working with the city’s green bond program, he will share advice for cities looking into setting up their own green bonds. Gothenburg was the first city in the world to issue green bonds.
- Rodrigo Matabuena, energy Capital Projects Manager at Islington Council whom will share the success story from the Bunhill 2 Energy Centre project.
- Kristina Lygnerud – Energy Department Manager at IVL, the Swedish Environmental Research Institute and Assistant Professor at Halmstad University will give some highlights from the UAETP’s coming position paper for financial instruments.
- Rolf Bastiaanssen, Partner at Bax & Company, will present the three main recommendations from the financial sector to the Celcius programme and its partner cities.
Don’t miss this chance to know more about how to take the step into the sustainable future of the heating sector!