The Dutch-Swedish Heat Summit
With the decision to phase out gas and an ambitious CO2 reduction plan by 2030, the Netherlands is facing a sweeping energy transition. In the 2019 Klimaatakkoord, the Dutch government set the ambition to make 1,5 million households natural gas-free by 2030. By 2050, all 8,5 million households will be emissions-free and upwards of 4 million households may be connected to district heating. Today however, some 90% of Dutch households are still heated using gas boilers, requiring great investments into infrastructure – and public opinion – for heat networks to become widespread.
Sweden is Europe’s leader in renewable energy, and in Sweden’s climate act the government announced that Sweden would become the world’s first fossil-free welfare state, with net zero emissions by 2045. With six decades of experience, the Swedish heating system today is both competitive and also one of the greenest in Europe, and major steps are being taken to make even this 100% fossil free by 2030. This will be done through major investments in new technologies and decentralised energy sources, such as combined heat and power, waste-to-energy, and residual heat.
JOIN THE DIGITAL MATCHMAKING EVENT
Together with the Embassy of Sweden, the Swedish Trade & Invest Council, and Stichting Warmtenetwerk, we invite you to the Dutch-Swedish Heat Summit 2021. This digital event aims to bring together Swedish and Dutch companies and organisations within the energy and heating value chain to meet for collaboration dialogues, knowledge sharing and business-oriented matchmaking.
We invite you to begin the day by joining a livestream discussion with high-level actors from Sweden and the Netherlands. We are honoured to welcome Mr Krister Nilsson, State Secretary to the Swedish Minister for Foreign Trade & Nordic Affairs, as a keynote speaker.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Krister Nilsson, State Secretary to the Swedish Minister for Foreign Trade & Nordic Affairs
- Annika Markovic, Ambassador of Sweden to the Netherlands
- Erik Rylander, Head of Stockholm Data Parks and Carbon Dioxide Removal, Stockholm Exergi
- Anne Marie van Osch, Project Manager Sustainable Energy, Municipality of Almere
- Arno van Gestel, Commercial Director Heat, Vattenfall Netherlands
- Herman Eijdems, Director Strategy and Innovation, Mijnwater BV
- Mårten Ahlm, Business Developer HVAC, Alfa Laval
- Lina Enskog Broman, Senior Advisor District Energy and CHP, Swedenergy/Energiföretagen
The livestream will be followed with the opportunity for concrete dialogues for all participants. This matchmaking session is scheduled and managed directly in this platform.