The EU ETS Innovation Fund and Cities Workshop
The EU ETS Innovation Fund is a new EU funding programme with the potential for €10 billion to be invested by 2030, tangibly supporting the vision for climate-neutral Europe by 2050. It is about unleashing low-carbon investments in all Member States and pressing the fast-forward button in our transition to a climate-neutral, competitive and innovative EU economy.
Image source: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/innovation-fund_en
This Fund aims to:
- Help create the right financial incentives for projects to invest now in the next generation of technologies needed for the EU’s low-carbon transition;
- Boost growth and competitiveness by empowering EU companies with a first-mover advantage to become global technology leaders; and
- Support innovative low-carbon technologies in all Member States in taking off and reaching the market.
Join the European Commission and EIT Climate-KIC for this session, where city representatives will present projects that have potential to enable a scale-up of the market in low carbon innovative technologies, across the focus sectors:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy-intensive industries, including products substituting carbon-intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilization/carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage